Applications are hereby invited from young and energetic persons across the globe for the Junior Fellows Internship Programme 2020 to be taken at the United Nations University in Tokyo. The United Nations University Office of the Rector recruits highly qualified applicants to work as Junior Fellows at the UNU headquarters in Tokyo. Junior Fellows are recruited through a competitive application process twice per year. Graduate students interested in the work of the United Nations — and in particular, UNU — are encouraged to apply.
Purpose of the Internship Program (UNU Junior Fellows Internship Programme 2020):
The purpose of the Junior Fellows Internship Programme at the Office of the Rector is:
- To promote interaction and dialogue between young scholars, professionals and UNU;
- To familiarize junior fellows with the activities of the Office of the Rector and the work of UNU;
- To provide opportunities for young professionals to gain in-depth, hands-on experience in a UN agency;
- To expose young professionals to an administrative working environment, and;
- To provide support to activities within the Office of the Rector.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
The qualifications that are considered in each application process include, but are not limited to, the following. The candidate:
- Is currently pursuing or has recently completed postgraduate studies (master’s or doctoral), preferably in a field related to the University’s work;
- Is under 32 years of age at the time of application;
- Must not have more than 5 years of work experience in their related field;
- Has a native or near fluent command of written and spoken English;
- Has excellent research, writing and analytical skills;
- Can establish and maintain effective working relations with people from diverse backgrounds;
- Demonstrates resourcefulness and creativity in problem-solving;
- Has advanced computer skills: sound, hands-on, knowledge of standard office software (word processing, spreadsheets, databases, etc.); and
- Has a demonstrated interest in the work of the United Nations and more specifically, in the work of the United Nations University.
Application Procedures for the UNU Junior Fellows Internship Programme 2020